On Friday, Anatoly Bibilov is assuming the office of the President of South Ossetia. Ahead of the inauguration, the Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic, Alexander Zakharchenko, in an interview with Sputnik, South Ossetia, described the way in which the relations between the two Republics would be structured
– Alexander Vladimirovich, on April 21 the President elect of South Ossetia, Anatoly Bibilov, is taking office. What are your forecasts for the development of relations with South Ossetia in view of this event?
– First of all, I would like to congratulate both my friend Anatoly Bibilov and the people of the Republic of Alania on this occasion. I want to particularly congratulate Anatoly Bibilov on the fact that the people have given him credit and offered him an opportunity to actualize his plans for the republic’s development. I am sure that he will succeed. And I want to congratulate the people of the Republic of Alania on their having elected for the presidency a true patriot, who puts his people’s interests above his own ones. Many hours of communication with Anatoly Bibilov convinced me that power is primarily a service for him. I am confident that the relations between our republics will become even closer and more productive, since Anatoly Bibilov has got acquainted with our people firsthand. He repeatedly visited us at the hottest moments, and is familiar not only with the economy and culture. We even more than once visited the frontline together. Thus, the elected President of the Republic of Alania has received a notice of our war not from news agencies’ feed, but directly, as an eyewitness.
– You did not have the opportunity to visit the Republic of South Ossetia, but what would you wish the people of South Ossetia and the President elect?
– I would like to wish Anatoly Bibilov and the people of South Ossetia, first of all, success, for the program with which the elected President ran in the elections to be implemented. Alongside this, I would like to wish Anatoly Bibilov and the people of South Ossetia patience. State construction is a hard labour, multiplied by the time. None of us have a magic wand, with the wave of which everything would turn out well and everyone would be happy. That is why I wish Anatoly Bibilov and the people of South Ossetia patience. And I also wish the people of South Ossetia and its new President honesty in relations with each other. This is the policy within which we are trying to build relations between the people and the authorities in the Donetsk People’s Republic. It is difficult to be honest with each other, but this honesty is the key to success.
– Several agreements have been concluded between Tskhinval and Donetsk. Do you plan to sign any other documents?
– There are a number of documents on the way. We would like to build full-fledged relations between our Republics, for these relations between our peoples to be as friendly as those between me and President Bibilov. So, there is still much work to do on the relations’ development for the benefit of our Republics’ peoples.
– What is the current situation in the DPR, and what will the Republic be working for in the near future?
– The situation in the Donetsk People’s Republic is now tense. On the one hand, our people want to be involved in construction and creativity, but on the other hand, we know that Kiev is preparing another aggression against us. But we will stand it and win. And it is important for us to know that we are advocated by such loyal friends as the people of South Ossetia and its elected President Anatoly Bibilov.
Source: Sputnik Ossetia
Official translation by DONi News Agency