Houthis Strike Saudi Position In Najran With New Missile Few Hours After Drone Attack On ‘Asir

This post was originally published on this site

southfront.org

Donate

Illustrative image, source: the Houthis media wing

The Houthis launched early on August 25 a new “ballistic missile,” dubbed Nakal, at a gathering of the Saudi military in the Kingdom’s southern province of Najran.

Brig. Gen. Yahya Sari, a spokesman for the Yemeni group, said that the new missile stuck its target, killing and injuring “dozens” of personnel of the Saudi-led coalition.

“A number of ambulances were seen rushing to the scene to transport the dead and wounded,” the spokesman said.

Nakal was first used on August 19 in an attack on a gathering of Saudi-backed forces in the central Yemeni province of Ma’rib. The Houthis have not released any information on the new missile, so far.

The missile attack on Najran came a few hours after an aerial strike on the King Khalid Air Base and Abha International Airport in the southern Saudi province of ‘Asir. The Houthis said that the strike was carried out with Qasef-2K suicide unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

These repeated attacks on sensitive Saudi positions are an example of the high coordination between the Houthis’ air force and missile force.

More on this topic:

Donate

from https://southfront.org/houthis-strike-saudi-position-in-najran-with-new-missile-few-hours-after-drone-attack-on-asir/

Thanks! You've already liked this
No comments